I am working at HBCSE and my area of interest is Electronics, design and technology. Here,at Cube lab i got exposed to Art-Science- BLR. I designed a microscope from junk. I am interested in designing new useful stuff from junk and share ideas.
Here, I am sharing making of a microscope which I learnt in a workshop conducted by ART SCIENCE BLR lab, Bangalore.
• Dismantle a web cam, and try to explore how the camera works.
• Lens is the main part and later it was figured out that to make this microscope we had to invert the lens.
• Testing of these lenses and its magnifying power involves two steps.
1. Invert the camera lens 2. Bring lens close to computer screen till it shows RGB colours.
• RGB colours which were visible were termed as RGB pixels.
• So after the inversion of lens the camera was kept aside as it was ready for installing in microscope.
• Soldering is introduced here.
• Connecting of any two wires, devices, electronics part is done by soldering.
• First soldering was done on a battery holder by connecting two wires.
• A led with a switch connected to it was the required light source.
• Led and battery will then be connected to the microscope which will be the light source.
Design or the Model for Microscope
• The instructors did not mention any thing about the design part.
• You have the freedom to design your own microscope using any mechanism.
• Field Trip was planned for the same.
• HBCSE campus was the field and we had to find the junk which could be made useful in building our microscope.
• The model design depends on you.